(Ranksgiving) Superstars to Watch Heading into 2018
To finish up the first year of Ranksgiving, I decided to take a look at WWE superstars that you should keep your eyes on heading into the new year and WrestleMania season that will follow. Let’s get started.
5. Triple H
- Triple H seems to be in a plethora of feuds at the moment following his involvement at Survivor Series. For the longest time, the plan for him at WrestleMania was a match with Kurt Angle. However, he now seems to have some kayfabe beef with the likes of Shane McMahon and Braun Strowman. How all of that plays out to end the year will allow us to get a clearer image of what to expect come WrestleMania season.
4. Roman Reigns (and the Shield)
- Roman Reigns just got crowned the Intercontinental Champion last Monday which really feels like a placeholder title for him until he goes after Brock Lesnar when WrestleMania rolls around. But over the next month, it will be really interesting to see where they go with him and the Shield as a whole. Does putting the belt on him make it more prestigious? Will the Shield eventually turn on each other once again?
- Paige’s return to WWE has shaken up the storylines in the Women’s Division on RAW. (It might’ve done the same thing for SmackDown, but we don’t know for sure yet.) She came back on Monday and brought up Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville with her from NXT to be apart of her faction. What’s the plan for Paige? Is she going to go right into a program for the title and face off against Alexa Bliss? We’ll find out soon enough.
2. A.J. Styles
- Styles had a tremendous match against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series last week and he’s currently the WWE Champion, which is great in many ways. However, it looks as if he and Jinder Mahal will be in a title program heading into Clash of Champions. It’s what happens after that and how he’s booked altogether that will be the big thing to watch until the end of the year. There’s a world of possibilities as to the programs he will get involved with after Mahal. Maybe Nakamura? One can only dream.
1. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn
- Ever since Hell in a Cell when they were reunited, I’ve been interested in what Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn have been up to on SmackDown. They’ve had their ups and downs on the show both in kayfabe and not in kayfabe and I wonder if they’re going to do anything more this year than just feud with Shane McMahon. I’m going to keep an eye out and you should too.
That’ll do it for this list on Ranksgiving. What did you think of the superstars that I talked about? Which ones do you think will be worth looking out for as the year winds down? Be sure to tell us all about it and more in the comment section below. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter: @PowerRank_More, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow us on our Instagram page for all of the latest information from Power Rankings and More.
Published on 11/23/17 at 8:25 PM EST.Share this post on:
Follow us on: